Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Name Of My Church

My Chapel


The name of my church is...

Howling Wolf hubby, and I were waiting for car service the other day and got to talking about a conversation I overheard in the nurses station at work. A female chaplain from Hospice was there to visit a new patient. As she waited in the nurses station for her nurse to arrive, she started a conversation with a co-worker of mine.

"So, are you a Christian?"

"Well, yes I am."

"Great, what church do you attend?"

"Ahhh, well, I go to... Well, I don't go now, but I used to go to..."

"I could recommend some real friendly churches..."

How many times has someone asked you what church you attend?  You squirm a little because, for you, the church is inconsequential. You don't need the socialization and camaraderie of the 'church' to have faith in your beliefs. But, if you try to wiggle away from the question, "the godly person" will work till the sun goes down to get you inside some four walls of God that make you into good "church-going" Christian.

You'd really love to spit out a name just to make this obtrusive person go away.

Now you can!  Here's your 'church' and here's my answer.

"I'm AM the church!  But, if you would feel better with a name, I attend "My Celestial Chapel" to meditate, offer support, and to gain strength from the universe." It's located at the edge of the universe.

If pressed, you can give the inquiring mind this link.  http://www.thenameofmychurch.blogspot.com/

As the moderator of this Celestial Chapel, I'm going to keep it open so that anyone can post a "sermon" as a posting just like this one if you send me your email address so I can add you to the permission page. Send the request to bestnurse@usa.com. You can add photos, poetry, music (if you can figure out how), or just a little something that is meaningful to you.

If you don't want the trouble of requesting to be added to the administration list for postings, you can always comment. You can be the "guest speaker" with any comments. All meditational thoughts are welcome. We never know what will help someone else feel stronger and happier.

Just click "New Post". Create a Title and write from your heart. Then click "publish post". This will add a new message posting that others can enjoy whenever they arrive at the chapel.

We will add more ideas as we get started, and I will delete objectionable material.

Please use any name you'd like, but we're suggesting that women use "Gentlewoman (first name)..." and men use "Howling Wolf (first name).  No rules, though. Just be comfortable.

Enjoy the blessings.

Gentlewoman, Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still checking for comments. It looks like I need to open the website for comments, and will work on that.

~Linda